- December 31, 2019
- For foreign residents, we offer a bus tour to help learn more about our facilities and services in English from 13：00 to 16:30 on 2nd March 2019. This year, we will visit "Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center" which promotes the charm of Chuo City including giving out tourist information, "Kabutocho・ Kayabacho Machikado Museum" which exhibits a local Mikoshi, a portable shrine, among Machikado Museums established to let you discover and learn the cultural assets in Chuo City, and “Environmental Information Center” a hub of the environmental activities of the residents and business operators providing and dispatching the relevant information, please apply to Cultural Affairs and Lifelong Learning Section Community Services Department Chuo City Office.
- December 18, 2019
- ◇◆One additional day for Orizuru Workshop!◆◇
Thank you everybody for joining our Orizuru (paper crane) Workshop!
Because we had many guests participating, we decided to add an extra day.
Check below for details.
Date: 12/21 (Sat), 12/22 (Sun)
Place: Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center 1st floor
※Free / No reservation needed
※One gift per person
※Workshop ends as soon as the gifts run out of stock
Feel free to ask our staff for more info if you have any further questions.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
- December 15, 2019
- Business hours during the New Year's holidays.
“Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center” is open every day during the New Year's holidays.
Open: 9:00 am
Close: 9:00 pm
We hold workshops, such as Kimono-dressing, calligraphy and Kite-making. We would like you to stop by at our information center.
We are looking forward for your visit.
- November 20, 2019
- 【“ORIZURU WAVE” Workshop】
Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center will be holding an origami folding workshop. We are going to work on an〝OMOTENASHI Project" in Chuo City for the big event coming up next year. Omotenashi is a word to explain a traditional Japanese way of hospitality to entertain the guests wholeheartedly. For joining this project, please just fold a paper crane! We will hand out this crane to visitors who come from abroad to Chuo City during the event (July to September 2020).
The speciality of this workshop is that you can receive a special gift if you help us make 5 cranes. We will help you how to fold cranes in case you don't know how to. We are waiting for you to join!
Date: Nov. 24(Sun), 30(Sat), Dec. 8(Sun), 15(Sun), 22(Sun),
Place: 1F Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center
※Free to join and no reservation needed.
※Limited to one gift per person.
※Ends as soon as the gift is out of stock.
Please feel free to ask our staff for details.
- October 13, 2019
- Chanko offering will be held from15：30
Numbered tickets for Chanko (hot pot dish) will be distributed
HERE from 11:00 on October 13th. (It is limited to the first 200 people)
- October 13, 2019
- Information about Sumo event and Chanko offering.
Sumo event will be held from 14:00 due to the effects of typhoon. We will announce about Chanko offering before 10:30 by Facebook or our website.
- October 11, 2019
Tokyo Chuo City Information Center's business hours for tomorrow Oct.12th (Sat) will be 9:00-15:00 due to the approach of Typhoon 19.
- October 10, 2019
- Sumo event which was scheduled on October 12th will be postponed
due to the approaching of typhoon 19.
The event will be held on October 13th 13:30.
Numbered tickets will be distributed at Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center from 11:00am on the day. It is limited to the first 200 people.
The event is subject to change or cancel due to weather conditions.
On Sunday, Oct 13th at 9:00am, we will be announcing the decision weather we will be held the sumo event or not on our official website, Face Book, and Weibo.
- October 03, 2019
- 【ANTENNA SHOP STAMP RALLY】
We set up an application box of “ANTENNA SHOP STAMP RALLY” at Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center from October 3rd, 2019. There are a lot of ANTENNA SHOPS which are local specialty shops in Chuo City. We have their brochures and introducing their recommendations. If you come nearby our office, please drop by!
Date：October 3rd（Sat.）~October 22nd(Tue.)
Application period：October 3rd (Sat.)~October 27th (Sun.)
※You may apply for a prize when you collect more than 18 stamps out of 26 shops. Please fill out the application postcard and put it in to the box.
Please check the link below for more information!
- September 30, 2019
- 【Knowing the world of sumo! Chuo City’s only sumo stable "Arashio stable"
Sumo event and Chanko hot pot dish offering】
Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center and Arashio stable’s original sumo event will be held from 13:30 on October 12th, 2019. You will see the demonstration of techniques and matches by sumo wrestlers. Also, you may enjoy having Chanko which is sumo wrestler's hot pot dish.
We are looking forward for your visit!
Date: October 12th (Sat.)
Venue: Kyobashi Central Plaza at KYOBASHI EDOGRAND 1F
※The event and the venue are subject to change due to weather conditions.
●Sumo event by Arashio stable : 13：30～15：00
●Chanko offering :15:00~ until it lasts
※Numbered tickets will be distributed at Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center from 9:00 on the day. It is limited to the first 200 people.